Scholarships Based on the SAT Exam
The College Board India Scholars Program was established in 2018-2019 and provides financial assistance in the form of SAT scholarships to high-achieving Indian students who demonstrate merit and excellence, but may not have the necessary funds to continue their education at the collegiate level. To be considered for this scholarship, students must score 1300 or higher on the SAT. In addition to receiving the scholarship, these students are also recognized as SAT India Top Performers. Students can apply for this scholarship at the time of their college application, and can also apply for other SAT scholarships offered by international institutions specifically for Indian students.
Types of Scholarship Programs
There are several types of SAT scholarships available to Indian students based on their academic abilities, skill sets, and financial need. These include:
Criteria to be eligible for the SAT Scholarship
- Academic scholarships also known as SAT merit scholarships, which are awarded based on a student's SAT score.
- Need-based scholarships are intended for meritorious students from low-income families and aim to provide equal opportunities by offering financial support to capable students.
- Athletic scholarships are awarded based on a student's excellence in a particular sport and are common in countries such as the US and UK.
- Identity-based scholarships are reserved for students from minority groups and may be awarded based on factors such as gender, race, and ethnicity.
- Military scholarships are available to students from military families as a way of honoring their contribution to the country. To be eligible for this scholarship, students must provide valid and verified documents as proof.
To qualify for the SAT scholarship, Indian students must meet the following criteria:
Steps to Apply for the Scholarship
- Currently, be enrolled in Class 11 or 12 or cleared.
- Students must have an annual household income of less than INR 8 Lakhs
- Score a 1300 or higher on the SAT out of a total of 1600.
- Have been accepted to a participating Indian university for one of the eligible programs.
To apply for SAT scholarships, students should follow these steps:
Discounts during the Registration for SAT
- Register for and take the SAT exam.
- Score a 1300 or higher out of 1600 on the SAT to be selected as a "Top Performer.
- Apply to become a scholar at College Board India
- To be considered for an SAT scholarship for international students, you must submit a number of required documents, including:
- Educational transcripts
- A completed SAT scholarship application form
- Your SAT test scores
- A statement of purpose (SOP)
- Letters of recommendation (LOR)
- A CV or resume
- Passport-sized photos
- An admission letter confirming your seat in the university.
- A valid passport and student visa.
The College Board India Scholars Program offers SAT registration discounts to students from low-income families who meet the eligibility criteria. Only one discount voucher is awarded per student, which can be used at the time of registration. Students in Class XI or XII who are residents of India with an annual income of fewer than 8 Lakhs are eligible for a 90% SAT registration discount. Students in Class XI or XII who are residents of India with an annual income between 8 Lakhs and 15 Lakhs are eligible for a 50% SAT registration discount. To get a fee reduction voucher and take the SAT exam at no cost, students should do the following:
- Visit the official website of the College Board.
- Apply for the SAT fee reduction voucher.
- Fill out the application and upload the required documents.
- You will receive an email specifying the code.
- Register for the SAT exam in December or March.
- Use the code you received via email while checking out.
Hence, by following these methods you can avail some amazing scholarships based on your SAT score. Therefore, it is important to take this exam seriously and start working with sincerity.
Guidelines for the SAT Exam
On the day of the examination, it is important to keep the following things in mind:
Role of Masterclass Space to help you Understand the Dynamics of SAT 2023
Digital devices such as phones, digital watches, fitness devices, smart watches, Air Pods, earphones, or any other smart wearable’s are not allowed in the examination room. Analog watches are allowed. Cameras and other photographic devices, as well as stationery items like pens, scales, compasses, highlighters, or colored pencils, are also not allowed.
Additionally, no edgy devices like nail cutters, protractors, matchboxes, or any other device are permitted. Books, papers, and notes are also prohibited. Advanced calculators with multiple functions are strictly forbidden.
Masterclass Space is here to support you through the journey of preparing for and taking the digital SAT. As this is the first time the digital SAT is being conducted, there may be some glitches or confusion, so it's important to be well-prepared in advance. Our expert team is working to provide the newly issued guidelines. If you're wondering how to prepare for the SAT or looking for tips and support, we're here to help.
is dedicated to helping students feel confident and prepared for the digital SAT, which is being conducted for the first time amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Our team is working to provide the best insights, backup tips, and strategies to excel on exam day and to adapt mock tests to the new guidelines. If you are wondering how to prepare for the SAT or seeking tips for the exam, Masterclass Space is here to support you. Our team is dedicated to helping you achieve your goals and will work with you every step of the way. All you need to do is focus on your dedication to your studies and trust in our support.
Our motive at Masterclass Space is to aim that funds are not a barrier for any student to achieve their goals. Therefore, we have a team of experts associated with us who specialize in searching for and studying the best scholarships and benefits.
At Masterclass Space, we not only help students identify and address their weak points, but also provide the motivation and encouragement they need to improve and succeed. Our expert team offers pro tips and insights into college environments and cultures, as well as access to a variety of mock test papers to give students a thorough understanding of the SAT exam pattern. We also offer SAT Online Coaching
to prepare students for competitive exams, with programs designed to guarantee student success. Ultimately, our goal is to help students achieve their dreams of attending college in any part of the world and building successful careers through our support and guidance.
Hence, just focus on dedicating yourself to your goal and trust in us. We won't let you down.
For more information,
Contact us at [email protected]
Or visit our website www.masterclassspace.com