What is a good SAT score?
The SAT score ranges between 400-1600 for the entire exam and 200-800 for each section separately. So basically, there are cut-off marks that are marked as good scores and it is defined as ‘percentile’. Percentile refers to the percentage of students you scored better than. So, for example, if you scored 85 percentile this means that you scored better than 85 percent of students. What percentile do most universities consider a good score? Anyone scoring more than the 60 percentile is considered to be an above-average performance. Anything below the 30 percentile is the below-average category. However, if you are targeting the top universities in Singapore such as NUS, SMU, or Yale university then you should aim for at least 81 percentile which is around 1250 marks.
Tips and Tricks to excel in SAT
|Score Out of 1600
Why is Masterclass Space the Best Coaching for SAT in Singapore?
- It is advised that the students shall start with the preparations at least 6 months prior to the test date in order to get sufficient time for the preparation of each segment and avoid the pressure of completing the syllabus in a hasty manner.
- Tips for the reading section:-
- Take inferences from the passages to draw conclusions.
- Always understand the theme and point of view of the paragraph in order to frame the answers.
- Thorough reading and analysis is the key to scoring marks in this section. Jumping from paragraph to paragraph and passage to passage will lead to you missing out on some major points.
- Read the first and last paragraph first so that it becomes easy for you to draw conclusions and write answers in sync with the paragraph.
- Read the passage with utter sincerity from top to bottom which will help you to identify the errors appropriately.
- Tips for the writing section:-
- In this section, you will be given deliberate errors in the passage and you will be expected to correct or improve those errors.
- Try to edit the passage in the same context as given in the passage.
- Develop good reading skills. This plays the most important role to identify errors and write them in the given context.
- Practice typing as the chances of spelling and grammatical mistakes increase during computer-based examinations.
- Tips for the maths sections:-
- The idea behind this is to test the flexibility, accuracy, and efficiency of the students.
- The only key to scoring well in this section is PRACTICE. Practice as many questions as possible in order to get an idea of the pattern and variety of questions.
- Learn elimination methods, linear equations, and graphs as these topics have a high probability of being asked.
- While solving the questions, highlight the important parts so that it becomes easy for you to solve.
- Attempt all the questions as there is no negative marking.
- Skim through the questions before reading the passages to get an understanding of which part to focus upon.
- Take care of your speed and time management as the speed tends to be slow during the Computer based examination. Get personal consulting by visiting our website here.
- Above all, it is about keeping it easy and not stressing over things. The calmer you are the more you will be able to analyse the questions.
Masterclass Space puts in its best efforts to ensure that the students get the Best SAT Coaching in Singapore
. Our teachers are well qualified and have an average experience of 3-4 years of teaching and preparing for the SAT. They are available anytime for the students to guide them wherever and whenever they feel stuck. There are regular Q&A sessions held in order to maintain a competitive spirit among the students.
Our study material has been designed and prepared by top-notch faculty members and they have ensured that it is easy to understand. We at Masterclass Space follow a pattern of teaching under which every lesson is followed by a question bank-solving session along with conducting regular test series.
We conduct individual sessions for each student so that they could be guided according to their mistakes and weak points and help them with the areas to be prioritized which make it the best SAT coaching in Singapore. We provide special tips and strategies which help our students to master even the hardest questions. A teacher has the responsibility to shape the future of his student hence we do not hesitate to go the extra mile to ensure that they are thorough with the concepts as well as guide and prepare them about the environment they will be exposed to after the admission.
How is Masterclass Space the best online coaching in Singapore?
Covid-19 has probably introduced the world to cyberspace. Everything you need is now just a click away. We at Masterclass Space, ensure that our students get the best online classroom experience from the comfort of their homes.
All the classes are recorded and uploaded regularly so that the students can access the classes in case they missed any points or they want to revise the topics again.
We provide all the virtual materials such as video lectures, study material pdf, and practice platforms that give the students the flexibility to practise anytime. With the medium of online classes, our students can conduct virtual zoom meetings with the professors and solve their questions and queries. However, online preparations majorly depend on individual learning capacity and personal choices in relation to the methods of study. We at Masterclassspace make sure that our students do not face any difficulties or take disadvantage of online learning through regular follow-ups, virtual meets, live sessions, and other mediums.
The SAT examination is the standardised entry ticket to any university abroad. When appearing for such a crucial exam could be a little intimidating for the students. But with Masterclassspace you will find yourself acing your SAT. Get onboard with us and experience the guidance from our best SAT Coaching Centre in Singapore
. So, if you are looking for the best guidance, best mentors, best test preparations, best support, and best coaching in Singapore, book your free demo session with Masterclass Space now. This is your sign to score a perfect 1600 on your SAT and get into your dream college.
Contact us at [email protected]
Visit our website and book your free counseling session at www.masterclassspace.com